Consider a sponsored online program currently accepting applicants.
|Online MS in Biotechnology||Johns Hopkins University AAP||Master||Website|
|MSHS in Biomedical Informatics||George Washington University||Master||Website|
|Online Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Informatics||George Washington University||Bachelor||Website|
|Master of Science Food Safety Regulation||Johns Hopkins University AAP||Master||Website|
|Master of Biotechnology Enterprise & Entrepreneurship||Johns Hopkins University AAP||Master||Website|
|MSHS in Regulatory Affairs||George Washington University||Master||Website|
|MSHS in Immunohematology and Biotechnology||George Washington University||Master||Website|
The state of Florida has put in a lot of effort to become one of the top biotech centers in the US. They have invested huge sums of money to attract top research institutions, and Florida’s universities and biotech centers regularly publish breakthrough discoveries in the field.
There are opportunities abound in Florida for anyone with any degree in biotechnology. For instance, one biotech membership organization in Florida – BioFlorida – represents an astonishing 84,000 employees employed at over 3,000 companies.
Despite the bountiful opportunities in terms of a biotechnology career in Florida, the options to earn an education are limited. With less than 10 schools offering biotechnology degrees, it can be competitive to get into a biotechnology program.
In a study by the University of Florida, the biotech industry is outpacing the nation in terms of growth, growing by 21% from 2008 to 2011.
Schools with Biotechnology Programs in Florida
- Associate of Science Biotechnology - Barry University offers their Biotechnology Program out of their College of Arts and Science. This part of the University has developed what they call "smart classrooms." These classrooms are equipped with additional multimedia tools to enhance the learning experience. The school also has 11 labs that are equipped for biotechnology and other science disciplines. Some students may be selected to conduct research with faculty at Barry University.
Florida Gulf Coast University
- Bachelor of Science - Biotechnology - Florida Gulf Coast University offers a Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology. Their program is designed to give a very broad overview of all areas of biotechnology. Located just outside Fort Myers and very close to the coast (hence the name), FGCU is a relatively new university that prides itself on progressive amenities on-campus.
Florida Institute of Technology
- Masters Degree in Biotechnology - The Florida Institute of Technology offers a Masters level biotechnology program and this program is supported by a robust Biology Department. The department features 19 talented faculty members and well over 300 students. The school has a heavy focus on marine life, so if you have always been fascinated by sea life this is a great school for you. The University's Masters of Science in Biotechnology is also heavily focused on marine animals. This is good because the ocean is a rich source of pharmaceuticals, polymers and genetically diverse organisms.
Miami Dade College
- Certificate - Biotechnology - Miami Dade is heavily invested in their Biotechnology Programs and so is the government. The school received over 10 million in grants as a part of Florida's Jobs for Florida's Future Program. The University features a great laboratory and impressive facilities. Investments like this will help sustain Florida's stance as major force in the field. Miami Dade features two different Associates Degree Programs and also two different Certificate Programs.
University of Central Florida
- Masters Degree in Biotechnology - The University of Central Florida has a robust Biology Department and offers a wide variety of programs. Within the department they offer both a Bachelors and several Masters Degrees in Biotechnology. The University is currently working on a new 198 000 sq.ft. five story building. This state of the art research facility should be ready in 2009. Their ambition does not stop there. The University is also constructing several other facilities in the area that will make up a new biotechnology cluster. They also have partnerships with several key local companies. Graduates from the Biotechnology programs at the University of Central Florida are sure to have ample opportunities after graduation.
University of South Florida
- PSM Degree in Biotechnology - The University of South Florida Professional Science Masters degree is collaborative effort between the school's College of Medicine, the College of Engineering, the College of Business Administration, the College of Public Health, and the College of Arts And Sciences. The program gives students a broad education that combines both academic theory and a strong emphasis on practical applications.