Consider a sponsored online program currently accepting applicants.
|Online MS in Biotechnology||Johns Hopkins University AAP||Master||Website|
|MSHS in Biomedical Informatics||George Washington University||Master||Website|
|Online Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Informatics||George Washington University||Bachelor||Website|
|Master of Science Food Safety Regulation||Johns Hopkins University AAP||Master||Website|
|Master of Biotechnology Enterprise & Entrepreneurship||Johns Hopkins University AAP||Master||Website|
|MSHS in Regulatory Affairs||George Washington University||Master||Website|
|MSHS in Immunohematology and Biotechnology||George Washington University||Master||Website|
California is a core pillar in America and the world’s biotechnology infrastructure. The state plays host to some of top biotech schools in the country, and they consistently create breakthrough discoveries in the biotech field. California has an advantage over other states with their more lenient stem cell laws, and they have taken full advantage of this by making big investments in stem cell research.
To have a career in biotechnology in California, you will want to have a degree. Be sure to do your research on each program. One of the best ways to research is to talk with a representative at the school, particularly one in the biotechnology department. If you request information from some of our featured schools, they will get in touch with you to talk more about the program you were interested in.
Schools with Biotechnology Programs in California
American River College
- Certificate - Biotechnology - The Biotechnology Programs at American River College will provide students with a solid underlying of the principles of biotechnology as well as practical applications to the real world. Students that complete the course work will be ready for entry into the biotechnology industry or will be prepared to pursue a bachelor degree in the field.
California State Los Angeles
- Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology - CSLA's Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Biotechnology is offered out of their Division of Extended Education. The program is for students who have an undergraduate degree in biotechnology, biology or a related program. The program builds on the students undergraduate degree by offering hands-on, technical training in genetic engineering.
California State Polytechnic University Pomona
- Masters Degree in Biotechnology - California State Polytechnic is one of the few polytechnic schools in the nation and offers a wide array of biotechnology education options. The university has alwasy been a leader in biotechnology education and was the first to establish a bachelor degree in biotechnology. All of their programs emphasis real-world, practical training that support their philosophy of "learn by doing." See below for specific information and links for their programs.
California State University at San Marcos
- Bachelors Degree in Biotechnology, Master's in Biotechnology; a Professional Science Master's (MBt) - California State University at San Marcos is located just outside San Diego California, positioning the university next to one of the top biotechnology clusters in the nation. The University offers a Bachelors Degree in Biotechnology, Master's in Biotechnology; a Professional Science Master's (MBt).
California State University Channel Islands
- MS in Biotechnology / MBA Dual Degree - CSUCI offers a wide array of biotechnology programs including some very unique programs such as their Biotechnology/MBA dual degree and their MS in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics dual degree. See below for more specific information about these degrees and links to the programs.
California State University Fresno
- PSM Degree in Biotechnology - Fresno State offers their PSM biotechnology program out of their Department of Biology and College of Science and Mathematics Department. The program follows the Sloan Foundation model of one third business and two thirds science courses. The program gives students a strong foundation to make good decision and understand the commercial viability of biotechnology projects.
The university's PSM degree is designed for students who wish to enter the workforce after graduation. Students interested in addtional education after their graudate degree would be better off pursing a Masters of Science in Biotechnology.
California State University Fullerton
California State University Long Beach
- Certificate - Biotechnology - CSULB was founded in 1949 in a converted apartment building, and only charged $12.50 for admission. Since then, the university has grown significantly and now serves over 30,000 students.
Their Biotechnology Certificate program is a product of various course offerings from the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Biological Sciences, and Chemistry and Biochemistry departments. Students can obtain the certificate as a part of their undergraduate degree or after they have graduated.
- - Moorpark College offers a degree program that is fairly unique. They offer both associate level and certificate programs in biomanufacturing. They worked with local scientists to develop the program and these scientists also assist with training. This gives students first hand access to real-world professionals in the industry.
San Diego State University
- - San Diego State University does not offer a degree specifically in the field of biotechnology, but they do offer both a certificate program and a graduate internship. Their certificate program is a supplement program for existing undergraduate, graduate or doctoral students. Students with an existing bachelor degree must enter the University as a graduate student. The school's Graduate Internship program allows students to earn an M.S. degree in Molecular Biology and perform their M.S. thesis project at local biotechnology companies that provide graduate support in the form of fellowships.
San Jose State University
- Associate of Science Biotechnology - Southwestern College offers an Associate Degree in Biotechnology, but does much more than that. They have made a big contribution to the field of biotechnology. They have started the BETSI (Biotechnology Education and Training Sequence Investment) Project and this program is dedicated to reaching out to high school students, teachers and other key people in their community to communicate the opportunities available in the field of biotechnology. Click here to learn more about this exciting project. Students enrolling at Southwestern College can be sure that they are attending a school that takes the field very seriously.
- Bachelor of Science - Biomedical Engineering - Stanford lives up to it's lofty reputation with it's array of biotechnology degree options. The BMI Training Program offers doctoral and a variety of masters programs. Stanford also offers several non-degree programs for students who need to stay current with the field.
University of California - Los Angeles
- PhD Training Program - UCLA offers a great program for PhD students. Their PhD Training Program allows students to maintain their existing major while gaining expertise in the biotechnology program. The University has also developed a PhD program in Bioinformatics. This program is approximately 8 years old and features over 20 faculty.
University of California Davis
- Designated Emphasis in Biotechnology - The University of California Davis offers an undergraduate BSc degree in Biotechnology and a Designated Emphasis in Biotechnology for graduate students in multiple disciplines. Students at both levels participate in cutting edge research internships either on campus or in any of several biotechnology companies in the area. Faculty in biotechnology come from a number of diverse departments, providing students at UCD hands on, multidisciplinary training in Biotechnology at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
University of California Irvine
- Master Degree in Biotechnology - The graduate program at UC Irvine leads to a Master's of Science degree in Biological Sciences. The program emphasized extensive research, and applying knowledge to real world problems. The graduate program in biotechnology also includes an Emphasis in Stem Cell Biology. This track was developed to address the growing interest of corporations in this area of biotechnology.
University of California San Diego
- Bachelor of Science - Biotechnology - UCSD is one of top biotechnology schools in one of the top biotechnology centers of the country. Ambitious biotechnology majors couldn't do much better than to enter the biotech programs at USCD. The school offers a number of great programs that cover many aspects of biotechnology.
University of California Santa Cruz
- Bachelor of Science - Biomedical Engineering - The Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering programs at UC Santa Cruz are closely affiliated. The two departments share resources and expertise in order to advance their research. The BME program has also grown significantly over the past few years.
- Certificate - Biotechnology - Ventura College, an accredited two-year institution of higher education founded in 1925. Their certificate program in biotechnology is designed to meet the growing demand for biotech employees by area companies.
Western Career College
- Associate of Science Biotechnology - Western Career College offers students a technical education in the biotechnology field. For students that wish to enter the biotechnology field quickly this is a great option. Learn more about their program by visiting the link below.